– Yarn is manufactured from ceramic fibre. This yarn is the base of all the ceramic textile range of products. The yarn is either reinforced with a glass filament or a fine inconel wire.
– Cloth is woven from a glass or inconel wire reinforced yarn.
Cabled Rope (high density):
– High density cabled rope is manufactured from yarn which is either filament or inconel wire reinforced. It is composed of 3 pre-twisted stands each containing a predetermined multiple of yarns which are twisted together to form a flexible, high density rope.
– Twisted rope consists of a muliple of ceramic yarn strands which can either be glass filament or inconel wire reinforced. They are twisted together to give the required final product diameter. This gives a soft rope product that is relatively easily compressed and is particularly suitable as a seal between uneven surfaces.
– Webbing is woven from either glass or inconel wire reinforced ceramic yarn.
– Ladder tape is woven from either glass or inconel reinforced ceramic yarn. it has a similar weave to cloth on the outer edges, but an open weave in the centre allowing for ease of installation over studs. It is ideal as a gasketing material.
Cabled Rope (low density):
– Low density cabled rope is manufactured from ceramic roving which is glass filament reinforced. It is composed of 3 pre-twisted strands each containing a predetermined multiple of ceramic yarns which are twisted together to form flexible low density rope.
– Rope lagging consists of a strip of ceramic blanket that is overbraided with a glass yarn. This produces a highly insulating rope product of medium density, which is also compressable and flexible. As an alternative, this product could be overbraided with either a cotton yarn or a fine inconel wire.